Automation & Controls Engineer
Our client is a recognized leader in the custom hydraulic production industry. Technology has always contributed to their success and status in the industry. Their production automation receives an increasingly greater focus as they look to the future and strive to meet today’s increasing demands. They are seeking an Automation Engineer to provide the knowledge and leadership required to interconnect automation with existing production equipment and processes. This person will work with an existing engineering team of production support specialists, maintenance technicians, and manufacturing and production engineers to maintain their status in the hydraulic cylinder production industry.
WHAT THE COMPANY WILL OFFER YOU:
- $75,000 - + DOE
- Full Benefits Package: Medical with family plans available, prescription drug benefit, flex spending account, life and disability.
- Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Personal Leave.
- Exceptional 401k
- Annual Company Events
- Enjoy a work hard, play hard atmosphere.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- Design, develop, install and provide engineering support for new and existing manual and automated machinery.
- Design and provide engineering and technical support for robotic equipment.
- Maintain and repair automation and controls systems.
- Recommend and select robotic, electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, controls, components and parts to meet machine and equipment specifications.
- Design, install and program PLC systems.
- Troubleshoot electrical wiring, boards. HMI, displays, relay logic, and control circuits.
- Assist in the troubleshooting and perform root-cause analysis for the mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical functions of manufacturing equipment and machinery.
Tucked in the corner of Northwest Iowa there are many communities and rural areas to choose from; many of which have a low crime rate you can feel safe at home in an attractive and clean community.
Not a fan of high housing costs? These communities offer a very affordable place to live.
Need a breath of fresh air? There are multiple recreational opportunities you can partake in including hunting, fishing, boating, hiking, golfing, camping, biking and more. All recreation is right at your fingertips.
This area offers one of the top high schools nationwide with excellent academic programs.
If you want more action, college sporting events, more shopping, and overall more things to do for young and old, take a short drive to one of the nearby larger cities to enjoy many things to do and see.
A great place to live with serenity at your front door step and many things to do only a short jaunt away!
- BS in Instrumentation, Automation or related field.
- 3+ Years of Related Experience.
- Experience with machine design would be helpful.
- Experience and/or ability to troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, electronic and pneumatic machinery components and parts.
- Excellent communication skills.
Candidates must be a US Citizen or permanent resident of the US.