Automation & Controls Engineer
Our client is a recognized leader in the custom hydraulic production industry. Technology has always contributed to their success and status in the industry. Their production automation receives an increasingly greater focus as they look to the future and strive to meet today’s increasing demands. They are seeking an Automation Engineer to provide the knowledge and leadership required to interconnect automation with existing production equipment and processes. This person will work with an existing engineering team of production support specialists, maintenance technicians, and manufacturing and production engineers to maintain their status in the hydraulic cylinder production industry.
WHAT THE COMPANY WILL OFFER YOU:
- $75,000 - + DOE
- Full Benefits Package: Medical with family plans available, prescription drug benefit, flex spending account, life and disability.
- Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Personal Leave.
- Exceptional 401k
- Annual Company Events
- Enjoy a work hard, play hard atmosphere.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- Design, develop, install and provide engineering support for new and existing manual and automated machinery.
- Design and provide engineering and technical support for robotic equipment.
- Maintain and repair automation and controls systems.
- Recommend and select robotic, electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, controls, components and parts to meet machine and equipment specifications.
- Design, install and program PLC systems.
- Troubleshoot electrical wiring, boards. HMI, displays, relay logic, and control circuits.
- Assist in the troubleshooting and perform root-cause analysis for the mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical functions of manufacturing equipment and machinery.
Population of around 12,000. Ranked at one time 10th best place to live in the U.S. by Relocate-America.com.
Enjoy recreational trails, local parks, aquatic center, country club and golf courses, local and chain dining options, a historic downtown, enjoy museums, live theatre, camping, hunting, fishing, biking and the “World’s Greatest County Fair” and everything else in the area.
This community strives to support all facets of economic development. Through many partnerships, this city attracting new business investments, increasing the number of high-quality jobs.
Spencer has great developments and communities to live in, excellent educational options, and overall great place to live, work and play.
- BS in Instrumentation, Automation or related field.
- 3+ Years of Related Experience.
- Experience with machine design would be helpful.
- Experience and/or ability to troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, electronic and pneumatic machinery components and parts.
- Excellent communication skills.
Candidates must be a US Citizen or permanent resident of the US.