Buyer / Purchasing Agent
Our client specializes in high-speed milling to close tolerance. They offer major savings for their customers who may be buying costly investment castings, die cast items, or purchasing machined components from a typical machine shop. They machine all items from high quality bar or plate, and are able to hold down costs as no additional setup costs are required. In comparison to castings, they can incorporate engineering changes quickly at minimal costs, offer short start-up times without expensive die investments or die maintenance costs, and provide a consistent, high-quality product.
WHAT THE COMPANY WILL OFFER YOU:
- $48,000 + DOE
- Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long & Short-Term Disability, 401k and Roth plans with Employer Match.
- 8 Paid Holidays, Paid Sick and Vacation Leave.
- Great working culture.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- The Buyer/Purchasing Agent will manage certain aspects of the supply chain to ensure parts and raw material needs are being met.
- Develop relationships with potentially new suppliers/vendors while managing the current relationships.
- Interaction with other personnel across levels of the company to meet needs, share resources and seek more cost effective pricing and procurement.
- Review planned materials inventories and reports and produce purchase orders based on needs and demands.
- Monitor and review open purchase orders.
- Negotiate with new and existing supplies to secure best pricing and lead times.
- Minimum of AAS Degree in Business Management or related discipline.
- 4+ Years of Experience in purchasing or productions planning in a manufacturing setting.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous MRP/ ERP Experience is needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good customer and relationship development skills.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision, be self-motivated, have a high degree of initiative and solid work ethic.
All candidates must be US Citizens.
Contact Steve Green today for more detail (605) 369-2105 or email a confidential copy of your resume to [email protected]!